- ASSOCIATIONS, CLUBS, SYMPOSIUMS
- Great Lakes Sea Kayak Symposium
- in Grand Marais Michigan, the largest and oldest kayaking Symposium in the Great
of the Lake Symposium - Drummond Island, Michigan.
- Michigan Association of Paddlesport Providers
- Many canoe and kayak liveries and outfitters serving Michigan rivers, providing
canoes, rafts, kayaks, and tubes. NOTE: Michigan is blessed with more than
1500 miles of quality canoeing streams, offering more paddling opportunities than
any other state.
- Qajaq TC Training Camp - (a.k.a. Michigan
Training Camp) is a truly unique gathering of traditional paddlers who enjoy sharing
knowledge through informal discussion and skills mentoring. Encompasses all skill
levels from the very beginner to the most advanced Greenland style paddler.
- Traverse Area Paddle Club
- Traverse City, Michigan. Serve canoeists and kayakers in northwestern lower Michigan,
we have many events for all levels of paddling experience.
- West Michigan Coastal Kayaker's Association
- Dedicated to safe, fun, invigorating sea kayaking on the Great Lakes.
- National or North America
- American Canoe Association - Paddlesport
organization that provides a wealth of information about canoeing, kayaking, rafting,
- Qajaq USA - Your Greenland Kayaking Resource.
Home of the American chapter of of Qaannat Kattuffiat, the Greenland Kayak Association.
They strive to to preserve, study, and promote the traditions and techniques of Greenland
kayaking while seeking to further the appreciation and development of Greenland-style
kayaking in the United States.
- Trade Association of Paddle Sports (TAPS)
- "Provides the fastest access to paddlesports businesses, products, services,
and events in your area, as well as recent developments in the sport of paddling."
It's a "nonprofit trade association supporting the paddling industry in North
America, whose members are industry leaders and are dedicated to providing paddlers
with the best in equipment, services, and experiences."
- Wooden Canoe Heritage Association, Ltd. (WCHA)
- A nonprofit membership association devoted to preserving, studying, building, restoring,
and using wood, wood-canvas, cedar strip and birchbark canoes, and to disseminating
information about canoeing heritage in North America.
- Canoeing worldwide - "Find
canoes, canoe outfitters, canoe vacations, canoe companies."
- Kayaking worldwide - "Find
kayaks, kayaking, sea kayaking, whitewater kayaking, kayak vacations, kayak companies."
- White Water Rafting worldwide
- "Search White Water Rafting and companies by river or location worldwide.
Find an excellent river rafting vacation."
- Nantahala Outdoor Center - Kayaking, paddling,
and rafting center offers instruction, adventures in the Southeast U.S. and overseas,
and a complete outfitter store.
- Northwestern Michigan River Guide Reference Web
page providing all the details needed for paddling many rivers in northwestern lower
- Uncommon Adventures - Unique Outdoor
Experiences -- Kayaking, Flyfishing, Outdoors. They specialize in kayak tours, expert
kayak instruction, backcountry flyfishing in fresh and saltwater environments, wilderness
skills workshops including survival skills, map and compass work, kayak building,
fly tying, birding and fly rod building.
- BOATS & GEAR
- Adventure Technology (AT) Paddles
- Aire - Inflatable whitewater touring rafts,
kayaks, and catarafts.
- AquaTerra / Perception Kayaks
- Bell Canoe Works
- Betsie Bay Kayak - Dedicated to designing
and producing high performance touring kayaks and paddles based on Greenland Inuit
designs longer than any company in North America.
- Big Dog Kayaks
- Bluewater Canoes
- Canoes Plus -- paddling gear
- Carlisle Paddles - paddles and
oars for kayaks, canoes, rafts, and boats.
- Chesapeake Light Craft, Inc. - The world's
most popular sea kayak kits and plans.
- Clear Blue Hawaii - Innovative
and inspiring watersports and travel gear. High-end products setting the pace for
design, dynamics and innovation. One that stands out is the totally transparent Molokini kayak.
- Cobra Kayaks
- Confluence Watersports - Parent
company of Adventure Technology, Bomber Gear, Dagger, Harmony Gear, Mad River Canoe,
Perception, Wave Sport, and Wilderness Systems.
- Current Designs Kayaks
- Dagger Canoe and Kayak Company
- Delsyk Kayaks
- Easy Rider Canoe & Kayaks
- Eddyline Kayaks
- Eskimo Kayaks
- Fulmar Trimaran
- Basically a sea-kayak with amas and a sail, and yet much more. It is "unlike
any other watercraft."
- Global Outfitters - the exclusive
importer and distributor of the world-class Greenland style kayaks from Kajak-Sport
- Great Canadian Canoe Co. - canoes,
kayaks, snowshoes, paddling gear, accessories
- Great River Outfitters - Home of Great
River Outfitters. We are the proud east coast importer of the following brands; Valley
Sea Kayaks, Valley Surf Kayaks, North Shore Sea Kayaks, and Big Dog Kayaks, the leaders
in specialty sea and surf kayaks.
- Harmony Kayak and Canoe Accessories
- Heritage Kayaks - Specialists in
open cockpit, self-bailing sea kayaks.
- Hobie Cat - sailboats,
kayaks, and fishing
- Impex Kayaks - Quality composite sea
kayaks and touring kayaks.
- Kajak Sport - Kayaks - World-class
kayaks and accessories, distributed by Global Outfitters, Inc.
- Kajak Sport - Parts
- Kitty Hawk Surf Company - the best in quality
kayak tours, new and used kayaks, surf
lessons, paddleboard lessons, and surf clothing and gear on the Outer Banks of North
- Kiwi Kayaks
- Kokatat - Exceptional water sportswear
- Lightning Paddles
- whitewater, touring, canoe, and recreation paddles
- LiquidLogic Kayaks
- Mad River Canoes
- Maravia -- "America's leading whitewater
- Mohawk Canoes
- MTI Adventurewear - Water gear
engineered specifically for kayaking, canoeing, and rafting.
- Native Watercraft
- Necky Kayaks
- Nigel Foster Designs - Nigel
Foster is well known for his sea kayak designs, paddles, PFD's, clothing and accessories.
He has collaborated with a number of manufacturers on both sides of the Atlantic
since his first sea kayak design of 1977.
- North Shore Sea Kayaks
- Northwest River Supplies -Boats and gear
for your rafting, kayaking, and canoeing adventures.
- Nova Craft Canoes
- Ocean Kayak
- Old Town Canoes and Kayaks
- Palm Equipment - Gear for paddlers
- P & H Sea Kayaks
- Perception Kayaks
- Phoenix Poke Boats and Kayaks - Canoe
/ kayak hybrids and standard craft. "A Poke Boat is everything a canoe isn't."
Very light weight fiberglass and Kevlar boats.
- Prijon Kayaks - whitewater
- Pygmy Boats - Ultra-Light Boat Kits
& Plans - the largest and oldest manufacturer of precision pre-cut plywood kayak
kits in North America.
- Q-Kaysks - top-quality New Zealand made
kayaks and accessories
- QCC Kayaks - sea kayaks, kayak paddles
and touring kayak accessories.
- Outdoorplay.com - kayaks & kayaking
- Rocky Mountain Adventures - Kayak,s,
rafts, gear and more.
- Saturn Boats - inflatable kayaks, boats,
- Sea Eagle Boats - inflatable boats and
- Scott Canoe - Canada's largest manufacturer
of canoes and kayaks..
- Shearwater Boats - Kits, plans,
supplies, support for the home builder. They specialize in custom building distinctive,
handcrafted wooden kayaks and accessories.
- Swift Canoe & Kayak - Canadian-made
lightweight canoes and kayaks.
- Swift Paddles
- Tahe Marine Kayaks
- The Boat People - New and used inflatable
kayaks, whitewater rafts, and all the other gear necessary to make your paddling
adventure a safe and fun experience.
- Traditional Kayaks - "Appreciating
and Understanding Arctic Kayak Designs Through Research, Replication, and Use"
- by Harvey Golden.
- Valley Sea Kayaks
- Valley Surf Kayaks
- Walden Kayaks
- Wave Sport Kayaks - whitewater kayaks
- Wenonah Canoes
- Werner Paddles
- Wilderness Systems Kayaks
- Wildnet Wildwasser Gear - North America's
distributor for Prijon
and Eskimo kayaks. They
also offer a comprehensive line of paddling products.
- Windrider Sailing Trimarans - Like a sea-kayak
with amas and a sail, but better! One model even uses hydrofoils!
- Zegul sea kayaks - targeted for the
more advanced and/or dedicated paddler.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Board and Kayak Life - Product reviews,
destination guides, and other information for kayak and SUP enthusiasts
- Canoe and Kayak WebRing - Dedicated
to making it easier for people surfing the net to find webpages with Canoe and/or
Kayak tips, techniques, and equipment.
- Canoeing and Kayaking Information - From
- Canoeing.com - "The Ultimate Guide
to Canoeing, Paddlesports, Gear and Destinations"
- Inflatable Kayak World - Offers
reviews of inflatable kayaks and inflatable canoes, as well as paddling information,
tips, and advice.
- Kayak Buyer's
Primer offered by Sailsport Marine
in Traverse City, MI.
- Kayak Online - Kayak gear and accessories,
how to choose a kayak, where to kayak in the US or Canada.
- Kayaking.org - Kayaking resource site.
Several great articles about the different types of kayaking.
- Paddling.Net - Canoeing and kayaking information,
including gear guides, reviews, tips, and advice, trip destinations and more.
- Ultimate Guide to Canoeing - Lots of information
on canoeing for all levels, and includes gear guides, destination guides, and a message
- Dubside.net - Tom Sharp, Qajaasaarneq (Greenland
rope gymnastics), kayak rolling, commando kayaking, rolling videos, rope setup and
- KayakVagabond - The Website for Greg
- Kayak Ways - Turner Wilson and Cheri
- ONLINE STORES
- RETAIL SHOPS (just a few of thousands!)
- Seairsports.com - San Diego - Canoe/Kayak
Seats, Paddlesport Accessories, Watersport Apparel.
- Backcountry Outfitters - Birmingham
and Traverse City - Boats, equipment, outdoor gear, footwear, clothing, accessories.
Over 20 brands of boats available.
- Earth's Edge - Grand Haven - canoes,
kayaks, outdoor gear, apparel, and accessories.
- Jordan Valley Outfitters - East Jordan
- Providing quality outdoor experiences on the Jordan River by canoe, kayak, raft,
and float tube in Northern Michigan's scenic Jordan Valley. If you have your
own equipment, they can help you shuttle your vehicles.
- Sailsport Marine - Traverse City -
small sailboats, kayaks, windsurfers, and standup paddleboards. They also offer a
- Piragis Northwoods Company - Home of the
Boundary Waters Catalog, Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA) Outfitting, Canoes, kayaks,
paddling gear, etc.
- Red Rock Wilderness Store - Ely -
Canoe-oriented site with lots of content regarding proper canoe handling, lifting,
loading and repair, plus extensive data regarding canoes and paddling equipment as
well as kayak gear, fishing equipment, camping gear. Souris River Canoes, BWCA canoe
trips, wilderness cabins, outdoor online catalog, BWCA maps, canoes, knives, kayaks.
- Nantahala Outdoor Center - "The Nation's
Biggest and Best Outfitter". Complete outfitter store as well as kayaking, paddling,
and rafting center offers instruction, adventures in the Southeast U.S. and overseas.
- Rutabaga Paddlesport Shop - Madison -
Thousands of canoes and kayaks in stock, accessories, paddles, clothing, and other
Other Web pages like this one: